You might be an Internet Ancient if you: Show more
• remember Netscape Navigator
• ever used any modem with a bandwidth of 28,8 or lower
• had an Early Adopter account on Livejournal
• witnessed the rise and fall of PhPBB
• witnessed the rise and fall of Napster
• used the web before Google existed
• ever used a dialup BBS site
• remember Gopher
• ever downloaded music as .mod files
• remember when about 90% of the web was made up of personal sites which were "under construction" and had pictures of people's cats on them
• remember when Yahoo was literally just a big list of websites
• know IRC commands
• have heard anyone unironically use the phrase "information superhighway"
• can recognise different bandwidth modems by what bleepy handshake sound they make
• have ever received one of those chain e-mails where you have to scroll through about a kilometre of forwarded headers only to find a "hilarious" vaguely lewd image and/or a banal list like this one
@InvaderXan 14/15 apply to me. Where do I get my Internet Ancient badge?
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!